About Santa Ana
Cantón Santa Ana
Santa Ana was settled in the 1500´s. It is believed that the canton got its name from the first landowner Jeronimo de Retes, who in 1658 named his land Santa Ana in honor of St. Ann. In 1850, the first Catholic chapel was built, also in honor of St. Ann.
City of Santa Ana
The city of Santa Ana still maintains its traditional feel of a typical Costa Rican town with its small stores, bars, restaurants offering local and international cuisine and Sunday fresh fruit and vegetable markets. Nonetheless, Santa Ana has been recently experiencing real estate and commercial development unprecedented in the entire Central Valley....
More information about